Otherworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Volcanic Biome Ideas

+3
Sean
Smurf
Rollerman109
7 posters

Go down

Volcanic Biome Ideas Empty Volcanic Biome Ideas

Post by Rollerman109 Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:06 am

These are my volcanic biome ideas from the suggestion page.

Idea: Biome: Volcanic biome: Made mostly of fiery blocks and fiery mob counterparts.
There are lava pools everywhere, kinda like the nether, where some are deeper than others.

Idea: Block: Volcanic Rock: it hurts you if you touch it and has similar texture to that of obsidian in painterly pack (one with lava veins). When you mine this out it "places" a non-spring source of lava (so you can't use a bucket on it) which Makes it dangerous to mine. It's item would have to be fireproof. Only appears in Volcanic Biomes.

Idea: Armour: Fire Proof Boots: These boots are needed to walk on the volcanic rock in volcanic biomes. It does not grant immunity to fire. Crafted via upgrades on boots or finding some of those plants that grow underground near lava. Also require some of the bird MiniBoss's loot.

Idea: Mob: Lava lizards: #Need Name# Walk around aimlessly, can swim in lava, when attacked they attack. They attack in groups (like pigmen) except they can breath fire particles towards you that would burn. Only found in volcanic biome.

Idea: Mob: Fire Plant: Same as gaseous plant except the gas Is now a fire spout (and plant is retextured). Only found in Volcanic Biomes.

Idea: MiniBoss: Lava monster: In some of the deep and wide lava pools they spawn. He hides under the lava until you get close enough to his pool. Only one at a time can exist. Their skin is lava, (so gonna have to find a way of animating mobs. Hack/Mine has a rainbow slime! XD) it spews a lava stream at you (just a lot of flat lava textures) that act like lava when touching mobs and places a 1/16 block of lava when it hits the ground. If it hits anything flammable fires will start.
Probably... uhhh... 5-10 blocks tall (above the lava) and 3-6 blocks wide.
It drops Essence of Fire (Or Lava) which shall be one of those upgrades for weapons.
It's a bit hard to obtain these though if monster in lava so either make item not burn (because it is fire essence) or the player has to kill it as they are long jumping over the lava. Only found in Volcanic Biomes

Idea: Vehicle: HTV = Hot Terrain Vehicle: it makes it so you don't need the fireproof boots to get across the volcanic biome, and it can float in lava (serious coding there!) but it does Slowly take damage. So 1/2 every 10 seconds with HP 5? It doesn't rock back and forth like most vehicles, it just makes more smoke. And yes, it does break the vehicle when broken. so if you're out of fuel, don't punch it.

Can i post this here? Or does suggestions mean something else?
Rollerman109
Rollerman109

Back to top Go down

Volcanic Biome Ideas Empty Re: Volcanic Biome Ideas

Post by Smurf Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:12 pm

Your idea is good but very difficult to mod for just one biome. I really like the lizard idea tho
Smurf
Smurf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:12 pm

I want to include a volcanic biome, but I think it would be better to make it a future update biome since we already have alot on our plate.
Sean
Sean

https://otherworldmod.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kunii Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:53 pm

Smurf wrote:Your idea is good but very difficult to mod for just one biome. I really like the lizard idea tho
Ahem. This wouldn't be difficult to code..
I actually made an account to point this out!

I was just roaming around, and I managed to find my way over here.
If you find this difficult.. *sigh*

Don't ask me to join the team, I'm too busy with my own stuff at the moment!

Kunii

Back to top Go down

Post by Asyncronous Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:55 pm

i think hes talking about the mobs and vehicle, in perticular
Asyncronous
Asyncronous

Back to top Go down

Post by SpaceBeans Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:46 am

Asyncronous wrote:i think hes talking about the mobs and vehicle, in perticular
Actually. The mobs would be interesting. I could make the model for them, and when 1.4 comes out we will have the Mod API on our side! So that would be even easier!

Plus, for the vehicle. We could just look in the Minecart. Java and I could create a other way to render the player so it would took really nice!

All we need to do is wait for the API and all our problems will be solved!

SpaceBeans

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantom699 Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:51 pm

Wait for the API.... Sure. It'll take a while. I mean, look how long it took for 1.3 to come out.

Phantom699

Back to top Go down

Post by Smurf Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:42 pm

So are we waiting for 1.4 now? because i have been trying to code and allot of things have been very difficult to code
Smurf
Smurf

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantom699 Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:45 pm

Apparently it'll be a 'Halloween Update', so we have about a month and a half. I wasn't trying to be negative in my last post.

Phantom699

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum